Wednesday 7 January 2009

Top o' the morning to ye!

I now know almost how we look inside. It was actually quite fun dissecting the pig, although it smelled quite bad at the beginning. But after removing its intestines and washing them, the stench started diminishing. And I've officially sawed off a pigs head with a saw now, as well as having blown up it's lungs through a straw. Yeah, I know, it was a bit gross, but quite an experience anyway. We had a great time. I'm not as grossed out about the insides of animals so much anymore. I'm happy we went from very small animals to larger and larger ones. I don't even want to imagine what it would have been like if the pig had been our first dissection.

And I was very close to sending a bag of dates to a person today. Instead of money. It would have been quite funny, but I decided against it anyway. Actually today was quite a good day. A good mood pervaded most of the day. I didn't freeze so much because of my winter jacket.

Also did a bit of reading today, although it wasn't a whole lot. I learnt something new about regulating enzymes in a certain glucose pathway. I won't exactly say, YAY!, but I'm glad I'm learning these things. The biochemistry exam is exactly 14 days away now. It may seem like a lot, but our syllabus is seriously insanely huge. I guess that's university for you.

I also had a really long conversation with a good friend today. It was weird telling her about my past and about the bad things I've experienced. Even though it wasn't that huge an amount, it still felt weird, but also like a little weight was lifted off my shoulders. It's not normally stuff I go telling to just about everyone, but I was really surprised how easily I could speak about it to her.

At the end of the day I just managed to miss my bus by about 10 seconds :P. So I take the train instead. But the electronic train information signs are having technical problems, and in my haste I accidently get on a completely insanely crowded train. Just like those stuffed trains in japan (click), though luckily not as extreme. And of course the train is going in the wrong direction. So I discover it and get off at the next station, wait for the next train, and after about 30 more minutes, I'm home. But it was still a good day!

That's all from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment