Thursday 8 January 2009

Man is free when he wants to be

I've been watching a lot of Hayao Miyazaki's films lately. They're so great. If you don't know him, he's like a Japanese Walt Disney. His drawings are truly awesome (some of his landscapes and forests are awe-inspiring) and the stories are really great. Of his films, I can recommend Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Go and watch them!

I got up a bit earlier than usual today for no real reason, so I was kind of tired. I only managed to drink half a cup of coffee and then it was off to university. The lessons were very uneventful. At lunch we had some really interesting discussion, it was great fun. I missed having some real intellectual conversations like this with more people. Sometimes it seems that some people have got nothing else on their mind than drinking and how much stupid they did at some random night.

Later, we went to go study for exams, but there were no spaces at the usual place, so we ended going into a meeting room at our university bar. We had a great time practicing, and we got so much done. Plus, the one I was studying with had even brought sweets =D! Niiice! It was truly an efficient and effective time we spent there. We stayed for four hours. That just tells how well it went.

Afterwards I wanted to go home. But my friend wanted to go eat oranges downstairs (yeah, I bet that sounds a bit random :P). And I was pretty much against that. And well, to make a semi-short story very short, in the end the person I had been trying to avoid because he had been annoying me a bit came home with me (yes, fucked up.. talk about irony) to pick up some of stuff he had left there. But actually, it didn't go as badly as I had feared. On the way to the bus I confronted him by saying he had changed in a weird way (and explained that in this case weird meant bad), and that he had started saying a lot of shit. And I told him to pull himself together.

Later, when we were waiting at the bus stop, he told me he had noticed a change in me too. I was wondering a bit what he had noticed. He told me he thought I had become more confident (and not that I hadn't been it before) and that was a really good thing and he liked me even more now. And I thought, this is seriously fucked up right there.

The bus came and we spoke about random stuff. At my place I showed him two funny youtube videos by French and Saunders (the British comedians). Then after about 20 minutes he got his things and left. It was all friendly and alright.

And I feel kind of tired already. So I'll take my leave now.

No comments:

Post a Comment