Wednesday 31 December 2008

Climbing Schild's ladder of life

Wondering what Schild's ladder is? I thought so. And guess what, it's not as simple as it sounds: Look here. And don't tell me I didn't warn you :P.

I don't know what it is about Belgium. But it makes you want to sleep long. There was not a single day while I was there when I was out of bed before 11 o'clock (I think my average time of getting up was around 12.30 :P). But today I woke at 9 o'clock already by myself. It was weird. And managed to do a lot of thigns today, from washing to playing badminton and unpacking.

Tomorrow's New Year and I predict it will be a bit chaotic. I'll just have to take things as they come, I have no definite plans for anything :P. And I should probably begin reading up on biochemistry for the exams, as well as write that weird article about domestic pigs for anatomy class.

And I found the weirdest thing in the supermarket today. I bought a burger that you can simply heat and eat for lunch. But the packaging was very weird. I didn't notice it until I got home. On the front of the package the text was written in Flemish and French, the languages I'm so used to from everyday Belgian life. But this was bought in a Danish shop. It made no sense. I'm so used to reading it I didn't even notice it when I bought it. I imagine normal Danish people notice it immediately and think it's kind of weird. Which it is. And on the backside of the packaging the text was in Danish, which is even stranger. A combination of Denmark and Belgium in one burger. Quite a serendipity (how I love that word) I must say.

In other news, there are no other news (I could be bothered to write about right now). Except perhaps that my hair is getting very long and I'm getting more smiles from girls than usual, and wondering if it's connected or not. Hmm, the world is full of mystery :P.. (look here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment