Friday 5 December 2008

Responsibility? Does that come with salad?

A short day today. Finally got to sleep late (I get to do that every Friday every second week) . So for ONCE I actually had a lot of energy. I didn't take a nap today at all :D.

Tomorrow is newspaper delivery day, yay (should be read with complete lack of enthousiasm). I have to get up really early. As long as it doesn't rain I should be able to manage. And of course they've promised showers tomorrow.

I went for a two-hour shift today in our student bar. A lot of people there today. The ones studying physical education (university-level) were having their christmas dinner, and like is custom in Denmark, they drunk a small lake's worth of alcohol. 400 alcoholic drinks already sold by 16.00. Yes.

I'm looking forward to Sunday in two weeks. That's right. It's my birthday. And that also means its soon christmas. And usually christmas rocks big time. And then comes new year. Which will be quite different this year. I haven't got any final plans yet although I've been invited to three different things. Oh, and by the way. Those green highlights aren't random.

I've begun playing an online game called Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online when I have time. It's so long since I last played an online game, and this one is really different. If you've tried a game in the series Persona then it's from that. You don't have to shoot yourself in the head with a gun to summon your monster companions though (yes, you actually had to do that in the games. don't believe me? look here).

And I'd also like to propose a toast to the penguins. Some of you even compare to ducks. Where would we be without you?

It's past midnight now and I'm getting very tired. It's been a tough week with lots of sleeping, reading and freezing. Now it's time to take it (relatively) easy this weekend. Wrap some gifts for christmas and read a bit (NOT only biochemistry :P). Also probably go biking and finding some geocaches. I'm looking forward to it =).

I'd like to end this post with four random quotes celebrating today's sign: beer.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
"24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?"
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."
"I got so drunk one night I waited for the STOP sign to change. And it did."

No comments:

Post a Comment