Monday 15 December 2008

The mirror of your soul is affected by alcohol

Or that's about the gist of what a guy told me today at a Christmas fair. He operated a kind of psychic healing stand or whatever it was supposed to be. I saw a sign where he claimed that you could get perfect eyesight if you follow ten of his courses. I asked him about this and he spoke about how the eyes are the mirror of the soul and that they're connected to your liver through energy lines. (Shift to Vector Cannon Mode. All energy lines connected. Landing gear and climbing irons locked. Inner chambing pressure rising normally. Life ring has started revolving. Ready to fire. BOOOOM!!) Yes. Basically; don't drink!

Both today and yesterday were pure genius. I had the nicest birthday ever, with so cool gifts and loads of fun the whole day. The bowling was really great. I hadn't bowled for years :P. I'm really, really happy it went so well, and they even enjoyed my attempt at baking and making cakes. Success =D! And today I saw a part of Copenhagen I had heard a lot about but never really seen. And honestly, I can't understand why so much bad is said about it. True enough, it's different. Very much different. Almost like stepping into another world. Couldn't kind of shake the feeling away that I was back to that hippie gardening/nature spirit community that, no matter how hard I try, I can't remember the name of.

I fell asleep as soon I got home today after my little city adventure. I think I had weird dreams like usual, but this time I can't remember. Another thing. I'm learning the English keybaord layout by heart. I don't know what's wrong with my pc, but whenever I set it to the Danish language keyboard layout it doubles some characters. It's really annoying. It doesn't do it with other languages. So I've set it to English now. It's extremely different than what I'm used to, but I'm learning. The only annoying thing is that I can't write the three special Danish characters æ, ø and å easily anymore. I have to use the old trick I learnt in Belgium where we didn't have keyboards with inbuilt Danish charaters. Alt+145, alt+155 and alt+134 are the three commands for the characters. God knows how I should have found this out for myself :P.

I've begun reading Le Petit Prince - The Little Prince. It's really a cool book.

Remember how my mum has been in hospital and everything this last month? Well, bad things never come alone as I've experienced. My grandfather died three days ago. I cannot say I hadn't seen it coming. But that doesn't make it any less scary or sad. It's really been a hard year for my family. I don't think this christmas will be like the others. My grandfather was always one of the people who made christmas special. He always made the best christmas dinners you can imagine. And I remember as a child when he would dress up as santa claus and deliver presents to the children and I told him I was SURE I had seen santas sleigh parked on top the roof. We'll miss him..

Reaching out to catch the sun. To hold it in our hands. Longing for something strong to hide our weakness. Soon the light may disappear. Nothing is meant to last. Yet we believe our world. Searching for happiness. The blue bird flies away.

No comments:

Post a Comment