Sunday, 8 February 2009

Yellow and mostly blue

Sorry for not posting in four days. It's not that nothing has happened, quite the contrary, I've just been too tired to post anything sensible :P. So this will probably be a long post about what has happened the past four days. I'll try to do this chronologically:


I can't really remember a lot, because it was a very insignificant day. I got up really early, which will be the custom almost every day from now on it seems. Slept/listened to my iPod all the way to university. There were two people on the bus, but I was really too tired to properly speak with them. Left after the one hour lecture. Followed a Chinese (no, nothing negative implied here) friend most of the way and he showed me a new way to get home I hadn't thought about before. It's perfect if I miss my usual bus, then this way is much quicker + we get to talk with each other almost all the way. Relaxed a lot when I got home. And started doing the exercises for protein chemistry. Phew, there's a lot, and they aren't exactly all child's play.. Also watched a lot of Family Guy episodes and got a lot better at playing "Only Time" on keybaord (my current ways of escaping the complete frustrating boringness of the exercises).


Quite an eventful day actually. Partly accounted for by the fact that I ended up being awake for about 23 hours and that something happened all the time. No naps or anything that day :P.

Started out with going to the university early like usual. But this time I had enough energy to have a proper conversation :P. Then the lecture, and then back home again. Then I did badminton for an amazing 2,5 hours. I don't really know what happened. It was just amazingly fun and somehow I didn't get tired. And we both played really well.

Then we went into a huge shopping centre I live close to because it was the end of the sales, and we both needed new clothes (we didn't really buy anything on holiday). And it was 10 times cheaper here. I ended up buying a jumper. Afterwards we stopped by a supermarket and did the usual shopping for food. At this point, with the combined effects of prolonged badminton and walking around, my feet hurt. And I only had about 30 minutes before I had to go and get the bus for my shift in our university bar.

On the way up the stairs to my appartment I met an old lady who lives a floor beneath me, and she invited me inside. I couldn't really say no, since I had been meaning to invite her up a few times (she had taken care of my apartment while I was still in Belgium) I had never really gotten around to it. I got something to drink and we talked about how it was going and other random stuff. It was quite nice actually. After about 15 minutes I got back to my apartment. I now had 15 minutes to take a shower, make and eat dinner, iron my shirt, change clothes, get the grocery stuff into the fridge, get the badminton clothes out of my backpack and get out to the bus on time.

Well, I actually made it. But believe me, it's horrible to eat a whole meal of potatoes and chicken in ten minutes while running all around the place. I felt so sick afterwards, and it took some time before the feeling disappeared :P..

Standing in the bar actually wasn't very fun. There were nearly noone who wanted to buya anything. Only towards the end did it get more fun, when more people arrived, and it got busy. I actually stayed for 30 minutes over my shift because it was so fun. And I made some drinks for two girls who studied medicine and they said it was excellent =D.

A girl from my class had brought about 4 or 5 of her friends, so I went and sat and talked with them. It was really nice meeting some new people. One guy studied at the Copenhagen business school, another guy had just finished his bachelor in construction engineering and was going to travel to Barcelona for a year to relax and work as a street musician (he had his own band!), and there was also a girl who had just started her first year in bioinformatics which is a completely new study.

Later my guest (the one I play badminton with each week) arrived and it was really nice. We got such a huge amount of free drinks and he was like: "Wtf, not only are your prices insanely cheap here, but EVERYONE is so nice!!". And I was like: "Welcome to natural sciences =D!". He had only planned to saty for about an hour and then continue to his own university bar (which I'm invited to this Friday btw :P), but he ended up staying for 4 hours instead because it was so fun. Our bar was also so insanely packed with people. The girls I had made drinks for earlier also somehow found me in all the mess and high-fived with me for making such good drinks. Hehe, was quite flattered; both that they remembered me and also because of the drinks complement =D.

After my guest had left some more stuff happened. I had had a lot of fun with that girl who studied bioinformatics, and well, one thing lead to the next. That guy who is always acting weird to me seemed to be a bit in shock when he saw us, hahaha. And of course I couldn't really avoid funny comments from the other people from my year.. From those who know, of course xD.

I ended up leaving about a quarter of an hour after our bar closed at 4 o'clock in the morning. I managed to catch the last night bus. And I was really not looking forward to cleaning the next day. When I had left it already looked pretty bad. When I got home I followed my own advice and got an anti-headache pill. And if I hadn't done that, I really don't know how I would have made it through the next day.


Woke up about nine o'clock after having slept a total of less than four hours. And I nearly didn't have a hangover. I had to drink about five litres of water though, but that's normal I guess :P. At least there was no headache, and I could keep my balance relatively well :P. I lay in bed for quite a while having weirdish dreams about enzymes going into a different conformation each time I turned around in bed (it was completely fucked up, but don't blame me, it's the fault of those goddamn exercises, it is NOT something I usually go and think about during the day :P).

I nearly missed my bus that morning. When I got down the stairs, I saw the bus driving by outside on the road. I had a short internal battle, and decided I would try and catch it. So I raced like crazy, and actually managed to somehow overtake the bus and I actually made it with about 30 seconds to spare. I was exhausted like hell, but happy :P. That happiness wouldn't last though.

Finally arriving at the bar, I'm met by shock. The bar is a mess. Not just a tiny mess. But a complete and utterly insane inferno of broken beer bottles and spilt drinks everywhere. Pictures were taken by some of the older students, because it was the worst they had ever seen. And three of the people didn't show up, so we were four people who had to clean it all up. And the smell of old, warm beer was horrible. Another girl from my year who had to clean up with me said she had followed my advice with the painkiller pill the day before, and that was the only reason she could do this now :P.

During the cleaning up, my Dad randomly called and started nearly yelling at me for being so irresponsible that I went out on a Friday and that I hadn't got a new job yet. He also started telling me I had lied to him about not getting a new job BEFORE I left my old one. And I had never said that. And I have explained to him 10 times before that the 150kr I got per week wasn't really anything anyway, and he had accepted it when I said it then. I ended the call as quickly as politely possible. Fucked up..

After five and a half hours we were finished. There's a lot to tell about the excruciatingly gross and hard work, but I'll spare you. I was a bit nervous about the girl from my year, because she had left the night before wihtout saying goodbye to me and her friend (who was the girl I had been together with), and her friend told me she never left without saying goodbye. But her friend thought that maybe she had just not wanted to disturb us, she guessed. (Wow, it can get really hard to write stuff like this, when you're not allowed to mention any names :P). Anyway, there wasn't a problem at all, so that was good =).

When I finally got home I was wrecked. I already hurt a bit from the day/night of the day before and after this, it was even worse :P. I ended up going to bed at 10 o'clock, and I think it was a good idea. At least I have no sleep deficit now.


Woke up about 12 o'clock this morning after having had the weirdest dreams ever. But they were quite cool actually. It could have been such a nice movie. And the best part is, I don't think I have the idea from anywhere. All original =D. Well, to cut it short:

I was the resistance leader of a people on a planet who were being repeatedly attacked and repressed by another group who mostly lived in a weird construction out on the water.

On this planet were also the ruins of a large spaceship that had crashed a long time in the past. But since then forests had covered the ruins and somehow entered into the synapses of the ship's AI (in the dream I was showed what looked like a huge circle of tall pillars which were all connected with vines). And somehow this had allowed the ship's artificial intelligence to become part of the forest. So the forest on the planet was sentient.

In my attempts to fight the other group of people on this planet I went to the centre of that sentient forest to try and get it to help us. To get there I had to use a weird type of flying machine and enter a sort of grove that was situated quite high up. But unfortunately the forest was very aggresive towards me. As soon as I had entered the grove it made some kind of weird, orange shield which trapped me and my companions inside. And then it started to attack us with some weird green creatures which started killing my friends. But it soon stopped again, and some weird, taller creature came to us. It was the voice of the forest, it told us.

I tried talking to it, but it told me that it would not help us because we were all bad for this planet. I tried yelling back that it was all wrong, but it wouldn't listen. In the end I gave up and said that we would leave it alone if we were allowed to leave. The creature went away and the shields were lifted allowing us to fly away again. It was a really creepy experience.

When we got back to our small village with the other refugees, I was greeted by all the people there. I only had bad news of course, but everyone were happy to see me back safe anyway. Some of the children had made me drawings.

But during the night we were attacked by a raid. A lot of people were killed, and even children weren't spared. We managed to drive the invaders out, but we were furious. So the next day we decided to do a counter-attack. A small group consisting of me and two others flew out to one of their huge constructions out on the water, which we infiltrated. By somehow hypnotising a guard, I found out their weak point, which was a water filtering system in the centre of the complex.

It wasn't hard getting there actually. And once I got there I only had to turn a wheel and the water slowly began to get poisoned. Unfortunately this was when we were discovered and we had to escape the place quickly, or get killed.

And that was when I woke up :P. I don't know if the poison water was enough to do any real damage. I remember thinking in the dream that it was important that we could get out without being discovered. But well :P..

And this is the point where I am now. I'm planning to just finish the exercises today, and relax.

And I like cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment