Monday 13 July 2009

Treasure Cove

Greetings from Croatia. It's 30 degrees outside, and it's supposed to be a rather cool day today. Yep.

Sorry for not writitng before (I've been here three days already) but my brother has been hogging the pc, playing games and refusing to let me use it. Even just checking my email took quite an effort in convincing technique.

The drive to get here was somehow done in one single day instead of wto as originally planned. And it was quite astonishing really. I didn't enjoy the drive at all, even though it was quite some nice scenery we passed (such as the Alps and landscape in Austria and Slovenia etc). When we arrived we were all dead tired and irritable and so an extremely good mood didn't exactly pervade.

But after the first night of sleep it got a bit better (with certain relapses into quite hefty arguments). But that's was to be expected anyway. It's a really nice place we're lodging though. It's in this bay with mountains on all sides. Quite a view from our balcony. When I get home I'll see if I can't post a picture of it.

In the days we've been here, we've managed to drive around the island a bit, visit the only publicly accesible underground cave area (a measly stretch of 110 m), rent what sounds like a really cool boat trip for tomorrow, go to random towns, buy a new towel, sunbathe, swim in the sea, sail in this kind of bicycle boat thing, play cards and eat lots of food (important!). I also somehow managed to catch a cold, but it feels like it's finally cured today.

And my parents continously complain (heavily!!) about me not wanting to go out to bars and stuff with my little brother. It's really annoying. I'm afraid they won't lay off it though. Bwah..

One of these days I'm going to take off walking on my own. My dad gave me a walking guide map of the island. There seems to be some quite nice routes to take. I just hope it will cool down a little bit (they've promised only increasing temperatures until Friday, it's going to be torture). I won't be able to walk very far in this temperature.

Well, not much more from here. I wonder about some very weird reflections out at sea at night. And I was kept awake last night by a frigging sheep that just wouldn't stop bleating until around 3 o'clock in the night. Baaa..

No comments:

Post a Comment