Sunday 23 November 2008

A toast

I'd like to propose a toast to Herman the Merlin.

On a site note. Once again a late Saturday. Exhausted after the weekend. Delivering newspaper in the snow, and biking today (Sunday) to a random church to find a box of toys in a random bush full of random stuff (that's geocaching for ya! It's actually quite a lot of fun once you get into the habit).

Feeling pretty much annoyed at the quiz thing (or whatever you want to call it) coming up in biochemistry tomorrow. Only thing keeping me going is the continued repeating of the word pyruvate with an incredibly exaggerated american accent. Bwah, I'm looking forward to be looking back at this.

Christmas this year will happen in Belgium, I just found out. I'm a bit sad it won't be in Norway like usual, but family health issues are amassing. Sigh, it always happens around Christmas, doesn't it.

I'm not finding a lot of time to read these days (except lovely biochemistry of course) and I'm getting annoyed at having to keep refreshing my library loans over and over.

I read about another concept of Gaia today, and it got me thinking. According the the idea, Earth itself is one enormous organism using negative feedback to remain in homeostasis (read: it works like we do). I've heard about Gaia as a sort of magical energy, but this is actually scientific and is being recognised. So, we're basically just part of the Earth, like cells are part of us. Quite a scary thought, isn't it?

On a side note. I spoke to a guy from Texas today. They don't even need a license to drive cars with standard, they just need to be 16. I'm surprised there aren't more car accidents. Also spoke to a guy via chat while he was driving (this one from Minnesota). Once again proves the total recklessness of American driving :P.

Lastly, before this post gets out of hand, turns into a monster and eats you, I'd like to thank a certain girl for the idea of the blog title. Check out her blog at toastymadness.blogspot.com (in Danish).

No comments:

Post a Comment